Understanding Nursing Research,6e,Edition 1 Building an Evidence-Based Practice
Publication Date: 12 Dec 2014
- Authoritative content is written by two of the true pioneers in nursing research, who offer unique, first-hand insights into the field.
- Research examples provide practice in working with published studies, with many of the examples including Critical Appraisal and Implications for Practice sections.
- Clear, step-by-step organization introduces the research process and demonstrates how this systematic framework relates to evidence-based practice.
- Strong emphasis on evidence-based practice helps you develop skills in studying and appraising published research, so you are prepared for your role in working with research evidence.
- Critical Appraisal Guidelines boxes provide step-by-step guidance in appraising published research studies.
- Emphasis on critical appraisal versus critique reflects contemporary usage in nursing research and evidence-based practice.
- Balanced coverage of qualitative research prepares you to approach research questions and clinical questions with an unbiased view of the researcher's methodology.
- Presentation of two different appraisal processes covers both the traditional in-depth critical appraisal process that prepares you for graduate-level work in research, and the concise, practice-focused research appraisal process that equips you for quick and accurate evaluation of the applicability of research findings to clinical practice.
About the author
By Susan K. Grove, PhD, RN, ANP-BC, GNP-BC, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Adult Nurse Practitioner, Grand Prairie, Texas; Jennifer R. Gray, PhD, RN, FAAN, Dean, College of Professional Studies, Oklahoma Christian University, Edmond, Oklahoma; Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing and Health Innovation, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas; Nancy Burns, PhD, RN, FCN, FAAN, Professor Emeritus, College of Nursing, The University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, Texas and Faith Community Nurse, St. Matthew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Burleson, Texas
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice2. Introduction to Quantitative Research3. Introduction to Qualitative Research4. Examining Ethics in Nursing Research5. Research Problems, Purposes, and Hypotheses6. Understanding and Critically Appraising the Literature Review7. Understanding Theory and Research Frameworks8. Clarifying Quantitative Research Designs9. Examining Populations and Samples in Research10. Clarifying Measurement and Data Collection in Quantitative Research11. Understanding Statistics in Research12. Critical Appraisal of Quantitative and Qualitative Research for Nursing Practice13. Building an Evidence-Based Nursing Practice14. Introduction to Outcomes ResearchGlossaryIndex
Page Count: 544
Retail Price : £36.31