Chapters are rearranged into well-defined sections as per syllabus.
• Newer surgical concepts as well as physiotherapy techniques have been added within the chapters.
• The references have been updated
• Week-wise rehabilitation protocols for common post-surgical conditions included.
conditions and physiotherapy procedures.
- Content is thoroughly revised and updated in all chapters and format is changed to four color.
- A new chapter on Geriatrics is added, which includes review of examination and assessment of the geriatric patients.
- Many clinical photographs, radiographs, tables and line arts are added for better understanding of orthopedic.
Section I: Orthopaedics and Physiotherapy
1 Orthopaedics and Physiotherapy
2 The Bones and Joints
3 Inflammation, Soft-Tissue Injuries and
4 Prevention of Fractures
Section II: Fractures and Dislocation
5 Fractures (General Principles)
6 Injuries Around the Shoulder
7 Injuries of the Arm
8 Injuries of the Elbow
9 Injuries of the Forearm
10 Injuries of the Wrist
11 Injuries of the Hand
12 Injuries of the Spine
13 Injuries of the Pelvis and Chest
14 Injuries of the Hip
15 Injuries of the Thigh
16 Injuries of the Knee
17 Injuries of the Leg
18 Injuries of the Ankle and Foot
19 Emergency Management of a Polytrauma
Section III: Regional Conditions
20 Locomotion and Gait
21 Regional Orthopaedic Soft-Tissue Lesions of the Shoulder, Elbow, Forearm and Wrist
24 Regional Orthopaedic Conditions at theHip
25 Regional Orthopaedic Conditions at the Knee
26 Regional Orthopaedic Conditions at the Ankle and Foot
Section IV: Deformity
29 Infections of the Bones and Joints
30 Metabolic Bone Diseases
31 Bone Tumours
32 Lesions of the Brachial Plexus
33 Peripheral Nerve Injuries
35 Arthrodesis, Arthroplasty and Osteotomy
Section V: Pediatric and Geriatrics Conditions
36 Common Paediatric and Adolescent Musculoskeletal Disorders and Fractures
37 Geriatric: Orthopaedics and Physiotherapy
Section VI: Miscellaneous Disorders
39 Sports Medicine
40 Yoga and Physiotherapy