• Exhibits a concise approach while helping students to understand the importance of history taking, physical examination and arriving at clinical diagnosis of common obstetrics & gynaecology cases.
• Describes clinical aspects, appropriate investigations and management in a concise manner for easy retention and reference during the clinical exam.
• Dedicated section for history taking, case sheet writing, viva voce questions supported with photographs of clinical importance, specimens, instruments and USG images.
• Includes procedures and examinations in a step-by-step manner along with surgery steps accompanied with color photographs and illustrations for better understanding and retention of concepts.
• Key points and FAQ’s at the end of each chapter to help in in-depth understanding of the subject.
• Key facts/ information summarized in boxes and tables help in quick grasp and revision.
• Includes lecture presentations on important topics such as Abnormal Uterine Bleeding, Anaemia in Pregnancy, Prolonged labor etc., along with procedural videos on topics like Antenatal Examination, Papsmear to supplement learning.
• Complementary ebook.
• Updated and mapped content as per the latest clinical guidelines and competency-based curriculum.
• Chapter on ethics, communication and informed consent, discharge summary and referral letter in sync with competency-based curriculum.
• Expansion of sections including history and clinical examination, instruments and specimens – contraception and family planning, counselling, commonly used drugs, CTG, USG and viva voce questions; addition of cases on amniotic fluid disorder, medical termination of pregnancy, Urinary Tract Infection.
• Addition of approximately 60 clinical photographs.
• Self-directed learning included with relevant case scenarios at the end of every chapter.
• Includes digital ancillaries such as videos on ARM, Copper T removal, Pelvic assessment, Placental delivery, D&C, Multiload
insertion, Counsellings and consultations, Normal vaginal delivery and many more.
PART 1 MEDICAL ETHICS AND EFFECTIVE CLINICAL COMMUNICATION
Guidelines for Effective Clinical Communication
PC and PNTD ACT
Guidelines for Informed Consent
Template for Discharge Summary
Template for Referral Note
PART 2 OBSTETRIC CASES
CASE 1 Obstetric History Taking and Examination
CASE 2 Normal Pregnancy
CASE 3 A Case of Anaemia Complicating Pregnancy
CASE 4 A Case of Hypertension in Pregnancy
CASE 5 A Case of Prolonged (Post-Term) Pregnancy
CASE 6 A Case of Pregnancy Following Caesarean Section
CASE 7 A Case of Heart Disease Complicating Pregnancy
CASE 8 A Case of Malpresentation
CASE 9 A Case of Multiple Pregnancy
CASE 10 A Case of Rh-Negative Pregnancy
CASE 11 A Case of Cephalopelvic Disproportion
CASE 12 A Case of Diabetes Complicating Pregnancy
CASE 13 A Case of Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
CASE 14 A Case of Fetal Growth Restriction
CASE 15 Normal Puerperium and Postnatal Care
CASE 16 Amniotic Fluid Disorders
CASE 17 Viva Voce Examination in Obstetrics (Oral Exam)
PART 3 GYNAECOLOGICAL CASES
CASE 1 Gynaecological History Taking and Examination
CASE 2 A Case of Vaginal Discharge
CASE 3 A Case of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
CASE 4 A Case of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
CASE 5 A Case of Fibroid Uterus
CASE 6 A Case of Cancer of the Cervix
CASE 7 A Case of Infertility
CASE 8 A Case of Primary Amenorrhoea
CASE 9 A Case of Secondary Amenorrhoea
CASE 10 A Case of Ovarian Tumour
CASE 11 A Case of Postmenopausal Bleeding Per Vaginum
CASE 12 A Case of Urinary Incontinence
CASE 13 Viva Voce Examination in Gynaecology