Third edition of this book is thoroughly revised and updated in accordance with the syllabus of anatomy recommended by the Medical Council of India. It covers in detail the anatomy of upper limb and thorax. The anatomy of heart and lungs is co-related clinically in depth. Following recent trends of anatomy education, the book in addition to basic information provides knowledge on anatomical/embryological/histological/genetic basis of common clinical problems through its features — Clinical Correlation and Clinical Case Study. Written in simple and easy-to-understand language, this profusely illustrated book provides the knowledge of anatomy without extraneous details. The specific learning objectives have been given in the beginning of each chapter to facilitate self-learning by the students.
Ideal for UG medical and dental students, NEET PG entrance examinations, USMLE, PLAB, FMGE, etc.
- Thorough revision of all the chapters
- Detailed exposition on joints and nerves of the upper limb
- Surgical anatomy of heart, lungs, trachea and oesophagus
- Clinical Correlations integrated in the text, highlighting clinical application of anatomical facts, have been updated extensively
- Golden Facts to Remember at the end of each chapter highlight the salient and important points for the purpose of viva-voce and competitive exams
- Clinical Case Study at the end of each chapter to initiate interest of students in problem based learning (PBL)
- Additional information of higher academic value presented in a simple way in N.B. to inculcate interest among readers, especially postgraduates
- Important facts useful for candidates appearing in various entrance examinations like PGME, USMLE, PLAB, listed under Golden Facts to Remember
- Multiple Choice Questions at the end of the book for self-assessment of the topics studied
Core competencies prescribed by the MCI are covered and competency codes are included in the text
- Core competencies prescribed by the MCI are covered and competency codes are included in the text