The second edition of this book is thoroughly revised as per guidelines of National Medical Commission in accordance with the competency-based curriculum of Biochemistry. The questions not only test the knowledge but also incorporate the clinical/applied aspects of biochemistry which are so important to help the students to think out of the box.
• Uniquely presented in question-answer format covering all categories of questions that are expected in a university exam, in concise manner for rapid revision.
• Covers questions which can be asked in different way (different questions by same answers), this helps students to write answers for these questions in exams.
• Answers presented in bullet points supported with tables, boxes, and figures, helps students to frame answers to questions and replicate the same in exams.
• Complex/Key information is summarized in tables helps in quick revision during exams and also breaks monotony text.
• Applied aspects provided at appropriate places in colored boxes, adds more clarity to the answer provided.
• Recapitulation of points to ponder at the end of text for quick revision.
• Prepares students for both theory and viva voce.
• Reorganized topics in the same order as presented in new curriculum.
• Insight into the biochemistry CBME curriculum with respect to Attitude, Ethics and Communication (AETCOM), Early Clinical Exposure (ECE), and self-directed learning in order to help in the making of the Indian Medical Graduate.
• Ensured coverage of all competency codes integrated within the text as per new competency-based undergraduate
• Inclusion of 250 multiple-choice questions, and 500 short questions and viva voce for self-assessment of the topics studied.
• Insertion of clinical cases along with answers to clinical cases at the end of the book to help understand the biochemical basis of disease and its management.